So, I'm in the middle of a 90 minute block with 17 high school students....and the whole network died! We're in the middle of our technology literacy class and they just stopped working. We were doing really well using Inspiration and lost almost everything. They were making a Biographical Info map about themselves for me. We were even working as a group instead of as individuals. Now, with 10 minutes left in the class, everything is back online. So, we're blogging about what we've done this week and our frustrations with the system shutting down.
I know you would rather hear about Natalie's wedding or see pictures of Geoffrey's first day of school, but I don't have any of that stuff on these computers. We're headed to two birthday parties tomorrow, and then next week is the VMEA conference. My sleeping patterns are starting to go out the window right now b/c I'm freaking out about the conference. I just want it to be a success. It's my first year as the conference chair and there are so many little things right now that are just not looking promising. I know I know....breath....pray....pray while breathing...I will survive....but right now things look dreary.
Plus, we're debating the whole H1N1 vaccine thing for Geoffrey...the school is offering them for free in November and we need to return out permission slip by Monday. Any thoughts on this? Not doing it makes me nervous...but doing it makes me even more nervous. The only people I know actually getting the shot are pregnant...that doesn't help me much. Please leave a comment.
Have a great weekend!


4 comments:
Well, there is a couple in our church, and one of their relative's husbands works for the CDC and is one of the lead people working with the H1N1 virus, and he told them NOT to take the vaccine...but I don't know him from Adam, so I have no idea. I am not huge into vaccines, so I would say no...but it is hard.
Like one person said to me, if enough OTHER kids at the school get it, the chances of your own kids getting it already better...
Michelle
I say no to the vaccination. Chris and I got the regular flu one 2 winters ago when I was pregnant and we were sick for months. They say you don't get ill from it, but we were hit hard. I will never get one again.
RYan and I both got it! My doctor told me to get both. Plus Ryan said that about 200 kids are absent a day at his school from Swine FLu... I'm not risking it!
I got it, I would hate to be the one to give it to my kids (as I am exposed a lot to sick people). I have yet to get the boys done, there hasn't been enough of the vaccine around yet to even think about it. I will get them done when it becomes available. Jayson had h1n1, it wasn't real bad...but I'd hate for it to come back with a vengeance! Good luck, it is a hard decision.
Post a Comment