
This is my church friend Bernie. When I lived out there for a summer she took me and my sister in to her family. We went to all the church events while we were out there. That's when I went to my first Christian concert...Rebecca St. James. I hadn't seen her or her family for a few years so it was nice to catch up a bit. She just recently became a grandma...too band her son and family are moving to China next week.

If you don't recognize this lovely lady then you're not a true Wildcat. We were fortunate enough to catch my good friend Danielle for a few hours of glorious swimming. We went to her mom and dads house. It was nice to see David, Rosie, Josh & Christina, and Micah...even if it was only for a quick dive as they were passing through.

Aunt Pam and I took the boys to the park...Brayden had never been before...so it was fun chasing them all over. It was a huge park with slides everywhere. They had a great time together.

He slept with a band aid & ointment on his nose for almost 4 nights to try and make that boo-boo go away. "Geoffrey's nose all better."

Of course he had to find a tractor!

I convinced Aunt Pam to stop at Kroger on the way home from the park to grab some sugar-free "pops". (Which of course Brayden thought was soda...) They went straight into the tub after this.

My cousin, Matt, is taking culinary (hotel management) courses at the community college. He came home from class one night so excited about what he had done. Lucky for us we had just bought a couple apples at the market that day. My aunt and I sat there for 20 minutes watching him carve this lovely duck. We were so proud.

I couldn't make a trip to Ohio w/o seeing my college roommate, Natalie. We met for our usual Olive Garden lunch. Her friend (IWU alum also), Courtney, came down from Michigan to join us. Mama crew came too of course. It was nice to have the day to hang out with her and just chat. I hadn't been to her house forever so it was great just to sit like old times and look at loads of pictures.
Sorry this is a month late. It's been a crazy return to life back here in the mountains. We did have a great time in Ohio. My aunt & uncle survived having us there for a whole week. They were nervous about having G all day by themselves...but found he's way better for others then he is for me. Duh. We can't wait to go back again. (FYI: 15 hour ride out there...stopped every 3 hours...15 hour ride home...didn't stop for over 6 hours...by hour 12 G had figured out how to climb OUT of his car seat.)
2 comments:
that duck is fabulous!!
Sounds like you had a great time...not sure I would be brave enough to travel that far alone :) :)
Michelle
Post a Comment