My friend Christine and I did end up going to "Futures At Fenway" with my sister and posse. Christine had never been to Fenway before so we had fun exploring all around the park. We got our Fenway Franks, took pictures on Yawkey Way, got the softserve ice cream in the helmets, and even sat behind homeplate. It was a great day! We even saw 19 innings of baseball! Oiy...the first game (Lowell Spinners) went into extra innings (not part of our plan) and the Paw Sox were doing pretty well so we left after the 7th inning. Christine used her city skills to get us back to where the car was. We had a blast, didn't get sunburned, and enjoyed catching up at one of the best parks in the country.
I couldn't handle not going to a Red Sox game this summer so I sucked it up and looked on StubHub for tix. We ended up way over in the corner by the jumbo screen (in the section where the start the wave and are rowdy) but I didn't care. We had a great time. The game wasn't very exciting (they lost but Dustin scored a run for us). We've gone a game every summer since Gordon moved up here in 2003. I couldn't let a summer go by w/o one. So, now we sit back and enjoy the rest of the season...and hope that tickets are cheaper next year!


2 comments:
This makes me miss Boston:(
Julia very jealous that you got to go to Fenway. I did see a game this year but it was down in Baltimore. I will make it a point to at least go to one game a summer anywhere. Boston is a plus but as long I can see my Sox I am happy. (Plus its always good to see the Sox fans out numbering the home fans!)
Post a Comment