Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Happy New Year!


New Pajamas from E & L Dowd and a new toy from Grandpa....Geoffrey can make every animal sound on that farm.

This used to be a New Year's Eve party but now that everyone lives far away (Boston, Chattanooga, Dallas, New London, Orlando, etc.) we tend to gather when everyone is home. Once again, I wouldn't usually post pics of myself...my friend Bethany warrants being posted about. She works for FRONTIERS in Dallas...trying to bring the Gospel to unreached Muslim countries. The other people in the picture are Doctors, Therapists, Architects, Lawyers, Teachers, Duke Students, and University Employees. Needless-to-say, our class reunion will be a blast in a couple years!

We decided to get the year off to a good start with some serious seafood. We borrowed my grandparents minivan and drove to Concord, NH to try out a branch of Newicks. All Geoffrey would eat is butter and a couple french fries. He had more fun staring in the lobster tank.

"Bye, bye tree." It was time for the tree to go...too many needles. Geoffrey kept looking out the window to see where we threw it. He loved the Christmas tree and lights this year!

Couldn't resist posting a pic with the socks. Gordon bought him a pair of ski socks for Christmas. They come up to his thighs...he loves them.

Happy New Year!
Geoffrey wanted to ride his bike new years eve while wearing his new pajamas. He also picked out these sunglasses while at the LLBean outlet in Concord. He loves them and hasn't tried to break them yet.

Had to show you the Spinach-Artichoke Bread Bowl....one of two culinary masterpieces I accomplished on New Years Day. The other was my first attempt at Pumpkin Pie...hmmm...it was tasty.

I should stop and start a new post...but just keep reading. Most of you know that I went to school in Indiana. You also know that I live realllllly far away from any of the people I went to school with. So, when someone from Kentucky calls and asks to meet for lunch...I say SURE! So after one day back to school I was ready for a break. Geoffrey and I headed down to Bennington to the McDonald's Playplace to meet N&M McCallum. Our sons are only 3 months apart. David turned 2 back in October. Him and G had a blast climbing around. It was great to see two people again after such a long time. It's fun to think that people who use to play together back in college (Jazz Band & Shatford) have kids that can play together now too. I hope to catch up with some of my other Blogger Buddies later this year.


Geoffrey didn't really eat much while "having lunch" b/c he was too busy running around being sneaky with David...so he wanted a snack when we got home. For some reason, though, he thought his toes would enjoy it better.

Geoffrey has taken a liking to taking pictures. It's easier with a digital to guarantee that it's not a complete waste of film. These are two he took the other day....good grief. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying '08 so far. We took G sledding today so I'm sure I'll post more later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for getting together! I'll eventually post my photos as well :) Not any time soon though- too many sick people around here!