TV
Geoffrey and I like to watch Playhouse Disney when we're home in the mornings. He doesn't actually sit down and watch the shows or anything, but when Mickey Mouse Playhouse comes on he goes straight to the TV to watch the opening scene. He dances to the music and points out Pluto b/c he's a "DO(G)!"
Weddings
We have been to 3 weddings this summer so far. We went to Ohio for my cousin's wedding. We went to Rhode Island for Gordon's brother's wedding. We finally got to stay home for one. My good friend Betzi Irwin got married in Brandon. I was asked to organize a brass quintet for the ceremony. I asked Adam & Jessie to come up and play. So, we enjoyed a fun weekend of music and baseball.
We have been to 3 weddings this summer so far. We went to Ohio for my cousin's wedding. We went to Rhode Island for Gordon's brother's wedding. We finally got to stay home for one. My good friend Betzi Irwin got married in Brandon. I was asked to organize a brass quintet for the ceremony. I asked Adam & Jessie to come up and play. So, we enjoyed a fun weekend of music and baseball.
Jessie snapped some pics of us dancing. We couldn't believe we actually got our husbands to dance. It was really a lot of fun!
These are our handsome husbands admiring the jazz ensemble. Isn't it funny how they both stand??
Jonanthan & Betzi Shepherd
There are pictures of Adam being just as charming but I'll let Jessie put them on her blog. Gordon tried pawning this flower off on me...he's never given me flowers before so why start now?
Betzi came to our wedding last summer so it was fun to be able to share in her special day also.
We tried to find someone to take our picture outside the inn so we went next door to the ice cream store.
RED SOX
We were blessed with the opportunity to get tickets for Vermont Day at Fenway. I saw quite a few people from the Rutland area. It was really funny when we sat down b/c I look right across the aisle and saw a close family friend. Paul went to high school with my mom. Plus, his mom was my babysitter (daycare) when I was wee. He was there with his wife and grandsons. It was really fun seeing him and his family. Our seats were way over in right field, but it worked out nicely b/c it was super sunny that day. There were people coming up from the sunny seats to trade for our shaded seats. By the time Papelbon pulled it together in the 9th the sun was just touching our toes. We stopped and saw the Fenway Racecar on the way out.
We were blessed with the opportunity to get tickets for Vermont Day at Fenway. I saw quite a few people from the Rutland area. It was really funny when we sat down b/c I look right across the aisle and saw a close family friend. Paul went to high school with my mom. Plus, his mom was my babysitter (daycare) when I was wee. He was there with his wife and grandsons. It was really fun seeing him and his family. Our seats were way over in right field, but it worked out nicely b/c it was super sunny that day. There were people coming up from the sunny seats to trade for our shaded seats. By the time Papelbon pulled it together in the 9th the sun was just touching our toes. We stopped and saw the Fenway Racecar on the way out.
Concerts
Gordon got us tickets to 4 really awesome events this summer. I've already talked about the other 3, but the last one was fabulous. I got to see Josh Groban in concert! Gordon said he would go with me if I wanted him to....but I didn't want to subject him to that. So, I asked my friend Brittany to go. We had dinner in New London and then headed down to Manchester for the show. It was amazing. He had a 15 piece orchestra behind him. He had a solo cellist and violinist out front with him. He sang all our favorite songs....but he was also super funny. It was a wonderful evening. Thanks to my loving husband for a fun fabulous summer.
Gordon got us tickets to 4 really awesome events this summer. I've already talked about the other 3, but the last one was fabulous. I got to see Josh Groban in concert! Gordon said he would go with me if I wanted him to....but I didn't want to subject him to that. So, I asked my friend Brittany to go. We had dinner in New London and then headed down to Manchester for the show. It was amazing. He had a 15 piece orchestra behind him. He had a solo cellist and violinist out front with him. He sang all our favorite songs....but he was also super funny. It was a wonderful evening. Thanks to my loving husband for a fun fabulous summer.
Parties
Okay, so we went to one more wedding reception. Our friends Seth & Shannon got married on a Friday night at a tiny little church in the mountains with only their immediate family in attendance. The next day they had a pig roast at their house. They set up a stage and had a live band and other entertainment. We all brought a dish to share and had a blast hanging out with some cool people. It rained for about 15 minutes but was followed by a double rainbow. Geoffrey had fun running around with Owen (G can almost say "Own" now). There were a couple of dogs as well so G had fun chasing them around.
Okay, so we went to one more wedding reception. Our friends Seth & Shannon got married on a Friday night at a tiny little church in the mountains with only their immediate family in attendance. The next day they had a pig roast at their house. They set up a stage and had a live band and other entertainment. We all brought a dish to share and had a blast hanging out with some cool people. It rained for about 15 minutes but was followed by a double rainbow. Geoffrey had fun running around with Owen (G can almost say "Own" now). There were a couple of dogs as well so G had fun chasing them around.
Random Adorable Smiles
I know that this has been a long post. Thanks for sticking with us. I've really had a fantastic summer staying home with Geoffrey. He's a totally different kid from last summer. He wants to talk in complete sentences. He wants to talk to everyone he sees. He has found every messy corner in our house. He's starting to come around about his new baby cousins. He loves being outside. His favorite toy is any kind of BALL! He helps me pick up all the toys before going to bed. He likes to brush his teeth. He has 12 teeth now. He's wearing 3T size tops these days. I suspect he'll need some new shoes come fall. He dances to any music and he can hear a dog barking miles away. I hope everyone is having a fabulous summer as well. I've loved reading the blogs this summer. A lot of new babies out there and others getting bigger by the day. HUGS for a great week and please leave some comments!





I know that this has been a long post. Thanks for sticking with us. I've really had a fantastic summer staying home with Geoffrey. He's a totally different kid from last summer. He wants to talk in complete sentences. He wants to talk to everyone he sees. He has found every messy corner in our house. He's starting to come around about his new baby cousins. He loves being outside. His favorite toy is any kind of BALL! He helps me pick up all the toys before going to bed. He likes to brush his teeth. He has 12 teeth now. He's wearing 3T size tops these days. I suspect he'll need some new shoes come fall. He dances to any music and he can hear a dog barking miles away. I hope everyone is having a fabulous summer as well. I've loved reading the blogs this summer. A lot of new babies out there and others getting bigger by the day. HUGS for a great week and please leave some comments!


1 comment:
WOWZERS! That's alotta pics!:) I love it!!
Lil G has the cutest smile! He's looking SOOO OLD!!!! I love him!
Post a Comment