Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter...from UTAH!


Yes! Happy Easter!
I am sorry it has been so long since our last post...but goodness it's rough being the yearbook adviser at two schools. So, praise GOD both yearbooks are done and in the mail. I had to have them complete before I left for Utah on Thursday, so it's been a long couple of weeks.
Anyway...we are in Utah now. We flew out on Thursday. G's first time!!!! Talk about an adventure. Any of you with babies know what I'm talking about...but we survived. The above picture is of G chillin' in the Detroit airport in between flights.

Friday morning we had a yummy breakfast at Matt & Angie's (with REAL Vermont Maple Syrup) and then loaded up the Yuk for a trek up to Idaho. Gordon's younger brother Adam finally graduated from BYU-Idaho and we all go to witness the event. He gave a little recital Friday evening for us and a few of his friends. We got to meet his fiance, Jessie, and see the campus he's been living on for the last 5 years. Here are some of the highlights:

The Kohl Family
Julia, Ryan, Bethany, Jayson, Matt, MaryAnn, Gary, Adam, Jessie, Gordon, Carrie, & Geoffrey



Geoffrey couldn't really handle the excitement of the convocation so we toodled around the music building finding all the stairs to climb and all the cute girls in their Easter dresses. The sibs after the ceremony (before the big packing adventure). Tahra came to the recital Friday night and to dinner with us. Then, she had to go work a midnight to 8AM shift...before joining us for an 11AM ceremony. She looked so cute we had to take a pic of her with G.

The trip was just so exhausting with the crazy schedule these people keep...that these guys couldn't keep up. They slept most of the way back to Utah. Then, luckily Julia had a whole backpack of tricks to help keep G entertained.


It was 80 degrees when we got back to Utah yesterday!!!!
(Yes, it's still snowing in Vermont....)
So, we dug out some play clothes and cooler shoes and let G roam the back yard. He had a blast digging in the dirt and picking up stones and swinging. He's going to love summer...if it ever comes to Vermont. We're enjoying it way too much here. G found all sorts of toys to play with. He was so tired at the end of the day that he just collapsed into bed.

But not for long....he was WIDE awake from 1:30 - 4:30 AM. Not cranky or anything...just awake and wanting to climb around. So, he did and we didn't sleep. He finally collapsed in the middle of the bed around 4:30...so I used a shoe for a pillow and the corner of a blanket to catch 45 minutes of sleep. I got up at 5:15 this morning...but not for a sunrise service. It was pouring rain and I was headed for Salt Lake City. Gary, MaryAnn, and I drove up this morning to catch a broadcast of the MoTabs....aka...MORMAN TABERNACLE CHOIR! Yes, we were the first ones in line for stand-by tickets for the show. We got right in and watched them rehearse for about 45 minutes...then watched the performance as it was being taped. This was their first Sunday back in the Tabernacle in 3 years. They finished some huge renovations on the building. But, the choir and orchestra were breathtaking. I didn't even mind that I hadn't gotten any sleep. I spent Easter morning in the best place ever. When we came out of the taping...it was momentarily sunny and warm. It really felt like Easter Sunday. Here are some pics I took before and after the show:

This last one is of Gary & MaryAnn with some friends from home who now live out here. Holly sat with us during the show b/c her husband, Nathan, PLAYED WITH THE ORCHESTRA! It was so exciting for them to see each other and for us to see him play.
When we got back it was time for everyone to go to church and for me to take a nap!!!! So, after a glorious recovery nap....it was time for egg decorating and hunting. Kyle even found an egg inside the grill. Jayson had fun looking everywhere (even in the sprinkler holes) for his eggs.

Even Geoffrey got in on the action. It took him a while to figure out what was going on...but once he did he had fun picking up the eggs and tossing them in the basket. He has just loved being outside these past couple days. He's going to go crazy when we get home and there's still snow.


We enjoyed a lovely meal together this evening and them some more time outside. Everyone had to take turns strolling G around the block on this bike...he loves it!!! Thanks again for Uncle Ryan & Aunt Bethany for watching G this morning while I went to the concert and so Gordon could go golfing with Matt (yes, golfing not snowboarding). We've loved seeing everyone this weekend and pray that Adam and Jessie have a safe journey cross-country this week. I'll try to be a bit better about posting now that I have my Tuesdays back. I hope everyone had a fantastic Easter...and let's remember to Praise our Savior everyday for all things bright and beautiful!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys certainly do keep busy. I love all the photos!

I've been the Yearbook Adviser at the private school where I used to teach and that is a ROUGH job! Especially when you are making a book for a bunch of rich kids :) Glad that you were able to get it done.

Unknown said...

What a trip!! The Tab looks AMAZING!!! WOW, how cool that you got to be there!! It's beautiful!!
I love all the pics too...keep em comin!!