Wow! So, I'm never home long enough to do this anymore. I don't even pick Geoffrey up most days it seems. I've been having extra rehearsals and meetings and classes and so on. But today, despite the beautiful weather outside, I decided to take a moment and tell you what we've been up to.
Last Friday night I took my dad to a concert. (I drew his name for Christmas this year and knew this would be perfect!) We went up to the Barre Civic Auditorium to hear David Phelps. He used to sing with the Gaither Homecoming Crew. It was 3 hours of the most wonderful Christmas music ever! He sang some non-Christmas tunes also. When he finished the concert we had to keep clapping so he'd come back out b/c he hadn't sung "It was the end...of the beginning." I went up to the Aud right after school and stood inline b/c it was general admission...I GOT RIGHT IN THE FRONT ROW! I haven't lost my touch after all these years. It was a great night!
Last Friday night I took my dad to a concert. (I drew his name for Christmas this year and knew this would be perfect!) We went up to the Barre Civic Auditorium to hear David Phelps. He used to sing with the Gaither Homecoming Crew. It was 3 hours of the most wonderful Christmas music ever! He sang some non-Christmas tunes also. When he finished the concert we had to keep clapping so he'd come back out b/c he hadn't sung "It was the end...of the beginning." I went up to the Aud right after school and stood inline b/c it was general admission...I GOT RIGHT IN THE FRONT ROW! I haven't lost my touch after all these years. It was a great night!
Anthem Avenue
The girl on the right (Karly) has been singing back up for David Phelps for about 4 years now, but then the other two came along and now they have their own group. They are really powerful. They sing really tight harmonies.
The girl on the right (Karly) has been singing back up for David Phelps for about 4 years now, but then the other two came along and now they have their own group. They are really powerful. They sing really tight harmonies.
David's sister, Sheri Proctor, also sings back up with his band. He wrote the duet they are singing in this picture. I took the other picture after the concert b/c the one my dad took of just David and I didn't come out. I felt stupid asking to have my picture taken with him again, although he would have done it, so I just took a cute one of the two of them.
"Mary Did You Know?" & "O Holy Night!"
These are my two most favorite songs ever! I almost cried when he did "Mary" b/c it was so powerful with just him and the piano. "O Holy Night" was good too (see his reflection off the drum cage in the back?) but I think I still like the Josh Groban version better.
These are my two most favorite songs ever! I almost cried when he did "Mary" b/c it was so powerful with just him and the piano. "O Holy Night" was good too (see his reflection off the drum cage in the back?) but I think I still like the Josh Groban version better.
Orange Center had their 1st Concert last night. They've never had a concert at that school before. There were over 300 people crammed into the gymteriatorium. It was fantastic. The crowd was singing along and the kids were smiling. One down, 2 to go!


1 comment:
Carrie,
This is Paula (Helwig) Fannin, married Bobby Fannin, Wind Ensemble, Trombone Player, Chaplain, that jog your memory. I stumbled upon your blog while "blog-surfing". After reading some of your blog, it sounds as though you're teaching and doing great!! You can caught up on our life at www.fannin-family.blogspot.com. Hope to hear from you soon.
Paula
Post a Comment