
My friend Tricia, my mother-in-law MaryAnn, and I went to see WICKED over Christmas vacation. We had seats right in the center so we had a great view. Finally seeing the show made me love the music even more.

My sister (the bent over one facing down the hill) trying to snowboard.

Gordon, Myself, and Tricia learned to ski for free! We were the first group our instructor had taken up the real lift all season. I saw a whole slew of former and present students at Pico that day, but it was so much fun. I had the bunny hill practically to myself after Tricia got bored and went back to the big hill for the afternoon. Gordon skied long enough to graduate from the pizza wedge to parallel...and then traded in his poles for his board for the rest of the afternoon. It was fun while it lasted.

My gram took a tumble back at the beginning of December. She was in the hospital through the new year b/c she broke her hip and upper leg. So, just days prior to her 85th bday they moved her down the street from the hospital into a rehab center. Geoffrey and I went to visit one night after school and took her some yogurt (as a treat for dessert). Geoffrey did some puzzles while we watched. It was a nice time together. This picture is terrible but I was arguing with the camera at the time. My gram is home now and able to get around the house enough that my aunt doesn't have to stay with them all the time. It's nice having my grandparents live so close (exactly one mile down the hill). I try to stop and see them after school a few times a week but G is always a sleep. Oh well.

These are the cookies that Geoffrey helped make to take to school for his birthday. He didn't want cake or cupcakes. He specifically said he wanted chocolate chip cookies. So, he picked out these under the sea candies and I put them on the tops of the cookies the minute they came out of the oven. Gordon made the dough, Geoffrey helped me scoop them onto the trays, and I monitored the baking. It was so fun watching Geoffrey share the cookies with his classmates at snack time. He was so proud of the cookies and we were proud of him for sharing.
That's a good summary of things going on right now. The weather is beyond cold here. Geoffrey and I have been going back and forth about being sick and having to miss school. We're all back in the swing of things now, but the weeks seem pretty long this time of year. I was bummed that no one commented on my last post (how can you resist such a cute picture?) but hope that everyone is doing well and staying warm (and healthy).
2 comments:
Glad your grandmother is feeling better. And those cookies look great, we will have to make some when you guys come here. Have a great day.
I LOVE Wicked...glad you got to see it!
Michelle
Post a Comment