Can you believe it's December!
This picture was taken back in August when we went to Ohio for Natalie's wedding. Since then Geoffrey has switched to a different daycare, started preschool, graduated to a booster seat rather then a car seat, learned how to almost write his name, and gained a couple pounds to make it an even 40.
I am finally able to blog from MY computer. Hopefully I will even be able to play with photos on here so I can show you some fun things from the past few months.
Since I last blogged, in case we're not friends on Facebook, I became a FULL TIME teacher. Yes, this is my 6th year of teaching...yes, I've been teaching all over Vermont (usually at the same time)...and yes, I'm a music teacher. But, this year they offered me the high school computer applications (Technology Literacy) class which = 16%. I grew my band program so much last year that they had already increased that from 50% to 75%. So, if you do the math that only = 91%.
Well, that was handy b/c I could bring Geoffrey in to school at 8:30. It was not so handy though for my elementary band program...which ceased to exist (other then lessons) b/c of the time constraints. So, after two school board meetings and a few snazzy charts and schedules they voted to give me the measly 9%. Whoo-hoo!
I'm not gonna lie...it's fantastic! The paycheck I got today = more then I've had in either bank account in over 6 years! The journey was long and nerve wracking at times...but Praise God I made it to the other side. He carried me through a very tense time...just as he has before...and now I can pick my feet up and walk forward. Don't worry, I'm not going to blow it all on Christmas (although there might actually be presents under the tree this year...). I do have a lot of catching up to do. There are Wicked tickets in my future...FINALLY...but other then that just a lot house work.
I hope that everyone else is easing into the Christmas time with a bit of joy. My calendar tells me that this is a CRAZY time of year but really if I stop long enough to smile at Gordon or hug Geoffrey on my way out the door there is joy to be found. Gordon is already make snow dates with cousins and buddies from around the region. Message him if you're interested in hitting the slopes...he CANNOT wait for snow.
Messiah performances are this weekend so I'll be in Rutland the whole time...but maybe we can get the lights on the star going before it does snow.
Hugs for a glorious rest of the week and stay tuned for what I hope will be more frequent posts now that my computer is saavy. Feliz Navidad!


2 comments:
I AM fb friends with you, and somehow I missed that. Congratulations!
Wait... we are fb friends, right? :)
Congratulations! That is really exciting :) Happy Holidays!
Post a Comment