
Today was Geoffrey's first trip to the Doctor since he was 15 months old. He walked right into the room with the nurse, stood on the scale, stood up tall, and then walked down the hall to tell the nurse about the shapes on the wall. He was such a big boy. I was so proud of him. He told the nurse about the star, the arrow (which was really a poorly drawn pine tree), and the circle. She was hoping he'd talk about the duck but he was way too far away. He weighed in at 36.5 pounds. He measured in at 39.5" tall. Yes, that puts him in the 75% for both. Did anyone every doubt that he'd be a big guy?? He let the doctor look in his ears and listen to his heart and lungs. He even let him poke around his belly. He wouldn't open his mouth for some reason even though he had just brushed his teeth at daycare. Whatever. Not having been in two years did put him behind on his shots, so we had to hold him down for four quick pricks. He cried for like a second and then the nurse gave him some stickers and book on desert animals. He was back playing with the blocks in the lobby within 5 minutes. Tough guy. So, we're up to snuff on all that now and don't have to go back until he's 5 now. So, we're going to sign him up for preschool which will be every morning starting in the fall. My school has a really great little set up so he'll be right down the hall from my band room. He'll probably do that program for two years and then go to Kindergarten. Because his birthday is in January he's going to end up being older then a lot of his classmates but apparently that's okay for boys.
I haven't posted any potty stories b/c it's been pretty smooth. He loves wearing "underwears" all day. He's only had two accidents...one at daycare when they were getting all dressed to head outside to make snowmen...and the other was at my grandmas house when he peed on the carpet. Oiy! He wears a pull up to bed just b/c I'm paranoid but he usually wakes up dry or uses the potty. His room is closest to the bathroom so we just leave the light on all night in case he needs to go. Even when we drove down to Rhode Island a couple weeks ago he refused to go in the diaper he was wearing so we had to stop a couple times so we could announce to the staff at the rest stop that he needed to "POOP!" Oh mercy.
Gordon had his wisdom teeth taken out on the 20th. He planned it so there would be lots (and I mean LOTS) of basketball to watch all weekend. The surgery only took 15 minutes, they let him keep his teeth, he only took 2 pain killers all weekend, took Geoffrey to the park twice on Sunday, and had burgers for dinner on Tuesday. His follow up appointment last Friday was only 6 minutes long. Phew!
It looks like I'm headed to Rhode Island again in a couple weeks to help Gordon's parents. His mom has been in the hospital since we left. Each day is a new adventure and things appear to be on the mend. I'm going to go solo for a couple days over my spring break. Hopefully she'll be home by then. There's going to be a lot dietary changes and other things to adjust to so I'll be there during the days while Gary goes to work. I should be able to clean up the upstairs and fix all the beds from when the 7 of us were there two weeks ago.
Well, I can't believe March is over. I'm taking two girls to the junior high district music festival on Wednesday, headed to the 15th annual RTS Bistro on Friday, '99 reunion mtg. Saturday night, and playing at a great church for Palm Sunday. Spring break can't come fast enough. Hope everyone is doing well. I have at least 8 friends right now that are pregnant...some of which are due any day now...hang in there ladies! It's almost spring...almost.


1 comment:
Wow, he's a big boy!! Bekah, our almost 4.5 year old, weighs about 36 pounds. I think she's about 41 or 42 inches though. She's a very picky eater and extremely active!
Post a Comment