Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, October 21, 2007

The color of the wind...



We've been trying to have as much time outside as possible. The weather is so funny up here...as it is everywhere I'm sure. Last weekend we were bundled up wearing mittens and this weekend we were wearing T-shirts. The foliage has been kind of disappointing this year. It didn't really really get a chance to change colors before all the rain came. So, most of the pretty colors are on the ground now. These pumpkins were carved last weekend by my sister, her boyfriend, and my husband. I didn't get to carve mine b/c someone had to chase Geoffrey around the yard!

Of course Geoffrey didn't want any part of the actual carving. He just wanted the HUGE knives being used to cut the shapes. We do have pictures of them lit up at night, but the camera is out in the car. (fyi....people have been hunting Moose & Bear outside my house today so I'm not about to go out in the dark of night...)


We finally got a jogger stroller!!! Not that I am a jogger (yes, you may laugh now...) but regular strollers are NOT made for use around Vermont...unless you're going to the mall. So, we waited all summer to find a good deal on a used one...and finally found one. Geoffrey and I were headed to Rutland (Gordon & Grandpa were at Foxboro for the Pats/Browns game) and I saw this stroller out of the corner of my eye. I pulled over immediately and went to see what condition it was in. The person wanted $75 for it. WHAT?! Yeah, so I didn't jump up and down in front of him, but I parused the other merchandise to see if there was anything else G would like. I got G out of the car and he helped me find a few other items. We don't have pictures of 2 of the "new" outdoor toys, but the 2 we do are his favorite. The stroller and the Flinstone's car. We also got a little tractor (w/ attachable trailor for haulin') and a bubble mower that makes that lovely popping sound as you "mow" the lawn (or carpet.) Throw in 3 little music VHS tapes and you get a total of $80. Usually I wouldn't boast about what I've spent...but seriously...$80 for a jogger stroller AND other stuff. Okay...I'll stop now.


This was Geoffrey's first time wearing mittens this year. Our Daycare person bought them for him last year at the bazaar and they fit this year! He didn't really know what to think about them but was glad to have them on as we tested our stroller "around the block."


While the others were carving pumpkins G and I were roaming around the yard. He went up to the stone wall on his own and randomley posed for me. It was great! He wanted to swing but the swing was filled with soggy, wet leaves.


He's not smiling in this one, but I still think it's my favorite. We've really been having fun together recently. His talking is starting to make sense finally. He is having the tantrums that land him on the floor...but he's also working on 4 teeth right now...so, we'll be patient. I do have pictures of the pumpkins and of Gordon's oldest brother Matt visiting this weekend. I'll try to post those this week. We've been having some computer issues around here...so I'm w/o the laptop that loves to blog easily. We'll see what happens with that. We've got more company coming next week so I'm sure there will be more stories and pictures to come. Have a great week and keep the pictures and comments comin'.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Those photos are so adorable! What a cutie!

Gene and Annie said...

Great photos!! The ones by the wall are really good! He is so handsome! Pretty cool pumpkins too!! Our weather has been crazy too... yesterday it was 80 degrees! I think it is supposed to cool down this week and start to feel more like fall!

Anonymous said...

Those are some SERIOUSLY fantastic pumpkins!

Jared & Stefanie Kohl said...

I think I'm gonna have to hire you guys to carve a pumpkin for my work's carving contest--I'd have that contest in the bag!!!