We did go to one last wedding of the summer over Labor Day weekend. I went to elementary school with the groom and became friends with the bride when we were all in high school. It was a big reunion party. They are still friends with a lot of the old crew from back then so it was fun to see them again and introduce Gordon to them all.
This is an ice cream cake from Ben & Jerry's. (yes, these are the people we ate the Vermontster with...) Cookie monster is wearing a veil.
We also went to the Vermont State Fair in Rutland over Labor Day. Our friends Tricia & Rick had never been (they're from Minnesota) so we went that afternoon. Geoffrey did a really good job of riding in the backpack and keeping his sunglasses on. We wouldn't have made it w/o Tricia feeding him kettle corn and maple cotton candy the whole way, but it was a great time of good friends and fantastic food.
Gordon, Geoffrey, & Rick feeding the camel
We had to drag G away from the camel b/c he couldn't grasp holding his hand flat and the camel kept eating his whole hand....I got nervous so we moved on to ponies, goats, and emus.
If I am the one picking G up from daycare and it's nice out...we go to the park! It's fun watching him run around, sit backwards on the teeter-totter, attempt to play basketball, and drive the boat. His 4 favorite parts are riding the horse (above), climbing UP the slide, digging dirt (he's not quite big enough to work it from the seat), and sitting on the Adirondack chairs.
Geoffrey turned 20 months last Sunday. He weighs about 27 pounds now. I convinced him to climb on the scale when I went to the doctor (for the 2nd time in 2 weeks). This is the first weekend I've been conscious enough to take pictures let alone blog. I've really enjoyed reading everyones blogs these last few weeks...congrats to M&A Kohl...and keep praying for B&J Hummel's fam...HUGS for a great week. Big week coming up so I'm sure we'll have pics to post if we survive next weekend.


3 comments:
You got some great photos! G is getting so big!!
Sounds like September is crazy for you! It's almost done, don't worry! Geoffrey is one handsome little boy!!
G is only 27 lbs?! Cats baby benson is 23 lbs and he is only 7 months old! September will be over soon so dont worry too much. Tell everyone I say hi!
Post a Comment