Geoffrey discovered that drinking his YoBaby banana yogurt was more effective then trying to use a spoon.
He couldn't resist climbing onto my aunt's motorcycle. He was saying VroomVroom before we even got out of the car. This one is great b/c it has all sorts of buttons and tape player and all sorts of gadgets for him to play with.
We went to Burton Island on Lake Champlain for the 4th of July. Gordon's aunt & uncle had a site up there for the week so we took the ferry over for the day. Geoffrey loved most of it until it started to rain. He got to play with rocks, play with Lily, go for walks, and run naked into the lake (sorry, not sure about posting those pics). Once it started to rain (by the time Memere and Papa showed up) he was ready to go home.

So, we let him play in the mud pushing this old wagon for a while. It wasn't raining too badly so I didn't mind standing out there with him. He just can't stand being confined. (Duh!) So, we walked back to the dock, took our picture (Thanks MaryAnn) and waved goodbye. It really is great state park...no cars, power, or anything. A lot of boats, bikes, fishing. Patrick was in heaven. Rachel....well, not so much. We look forward to all camping together again say when Geoffrey's about 5.
Gordon and I went to the Lawrence, MA drum corps show. The pic on the left is of Adam's old group, the Crossmen. The pic on the right is of Gordon's (and Adam's) old group, the Crusaders. Gordon really enjoys going to this show b/c it's a new, easily accessible stadium. He always sees people that he knew back in the day. He ran into some guy named Mike who happened to have seats right near us. I guess his sister lives up here near us. So, we left G home with our new found favorite babysitter (aside from Grandpa, of course) and headed to MA for a super late night of drums, brass, color guard, and shouting "U" before each corps took the field. This was 3rd in a series of 4 events Gordon got tickets for this summer. Funtimes.
So, in other events....school's out now, of course, so G and I have been hanging out a lot lately. The other day he decided to empty his entire toy bucket in search of the recorder. I took a bunch of pictures b/c it had been a while since he'd played it. This one amuses me b/c he has his hands in the proper position but the ends reversed. He does know to blow at the other end...but only a musician can appreciate his hand position!
We are gearing up for our big trip to Maine this weekend. I ordered G a bunch of stuff from One Step Ahead to protect him on the beach. The package just arrived last night so of course I had to play dress-up as soon as we got home today. (I do teach on Tuesdays so he goes to daycare.) He is wearing his flip hat (so his neck doesn't get burned); his stretchy sunglasses (so his big head will fit and his eyes don't fry); and his one-piece UV protection "wet-suit". It fits quite nicely...just enough room for a swimmer diaper.
This is his other fun toy that I got. It's the "Toddler Racer". It helps create comfort with being in water. He's already "vroomvroom"ing around the living room. He must have played in it for about 45 minutes tonight. Notice his hair is getting shaggy again...after cutting it for the 1st time about 3 months ago. I'm thinking about buzzing it before we go....any comments? I'm nervous to get rid of his gorgeous hair (it also helps remind us to bathe him...haha) but really he just gets so sweaty and sticky. Not so fun when combined w/ beach sand.
So, hope everyone is doing well. I think our campground is wireless (Gabrielle's hoping anyway) so I'll be able to post our BEACH adventures each day. Have a great rest of the week and here's to packing, praying, and PLAYING!
So, hope everyone is doing well. I think our campground is wireless (Gabrielle's hoping anyway) so I'll be able to post our BEACH adventures each day. Have a great rest of the week and here's to packing, praying, and PLAYING!


No comments:
Post a Comment